You have a guide to follow and to easily remember what information written in the cheat.
Cheat Sheet Template: Your Guide on Testing the Fundamentals
Why testing is needed:
Person -> Error (mistake) -> The defect (fault, bug) which being executed will cause on the ->
Failure measures quality of software
Provides confidence in quality
Reduces overall level of the risk
How much is testing? It will be depends on the risk, safety as well as the project constraints
Checking out the defects
Giving details for the decision-making
It will prevent the defects
To gain confidence about level of the quality
- Testing will show the presence of the defects
- Early testing
- Absence-of-mistake fallacy
- Exhaustive testing will be impossible
- Pesticide paradox
- Defect clustering
- Testing is about context dependent
Fundamental Test of Process:
- Planning and Control
- Criteria and Reporting
- Analysis and Design
- Implementation and Execution
- Evaluating Exit
- Test Closure
Psychology of the Testing:
- The mindset of the Tester and Developer
- Test Independence
- The communication in constructive manner
Code of the Ethics:
The code is important in ensuring details accessed by the testers will not be put to an inappropriate use.
Maintenance testing: Triggered by;
- Change to the deployed software system or its environment
Static Techniques: Cheat Sheet software
- Walk through
- Technical review
- Informal review
Activities of Formal Review:
- Kick off
- Review meeting
- Individual preparation
- Follow up
Static Analysis by the Tools:
- Find the defects in the software source code as well as models
- Can able to locate the defects that are difficult to locate in the dynamic testing
software testing Cheat sheet tips
Test Development Process:
- Test case procedure specification
- Test case specification
- Test design specification
Specification based/ black box techniques:
- Decision tables
- Equivalence partitioning
- State transition tables/ diagrams
- Boundary value analysis
- Use case testing
Structure Based/ White Box Techniques:
- Decision testing and coverage
- Statement testing and coverage
Choosing Test Techniques:
- Risk and objectives
- Regulatory standards
- Type of the system and dev cycle
- Knowledge and experience
- Time and budget
You can read more about design cheat sheet as well!
Principles: Cheat sheet tips
- Testing will show if there are defects: In the software testing cheat sheet, you need to include the principles in testing to know if there are presence of mistakes.
- Exhaustive testing is impossible: The test will consider all the possible input parameters.
- Test the software early: The testing activities must start early as possible.
- Clustering defects: It means that small number of the modules in application contains maximum number of the defects detected. There are mistakes that are not distributed equally. The testing should be flexible and there must be test design.
To know how to do a cheat sheet, you need to make a research. You need to check out samples on how other people also craft their cheat sheet. The presented cheat in this page will help you a lot to easily remember the information you need and the principles on software testing.
Also, don’t forget to check calculus vectors cheat sheet.